School of Christian Formation ... Online
Approved by the Office of Catechetical Leadership, Youth and Young Adult Ministry Formation • Anthony C. Marchica, Director
SCF Online Policies
The catechetical programs used by the Searchlight Virtual School are approved by the Office of Catechetical Leadership, Youth and Young Adult Ministry Formation, Diocese of Palm Beach.
The information, software, and print materials contained on the Searchlight Virtual School web site or sent to enrolled students are the property of Ocean East Publishing and the Searchlight Virtual School. Materials are intended for individual use only. Downloading, duplicating, or distributing materials for any other use is prohibited.
• Please read all directions provided on the pages of this division of the web site. They have been included to guide you through the Searchlight Virtual School site.
• One internet browser plug-in is needed for you to undertake the online course of study. It is a free download from Adobe.com.
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader: To open and use the electronic forms and course materials. If you already have Acrobat Reader, please upgrade to the most current version.
• In order to earn credit for SCF Online Courses, all students must complete the enrollment process. When the enrollment process is complete, an enrolled student may order the online courses.
• Courses are ordered and paid for online through PayPal.
• Prior to ordering and paying for a Searchlight course, carefully review the information provided, as refunds are not permitted.
• Please save and/or print your payment receipt as proof of payment.
• When payment notification is received by the Searchlight Virtual School, the appropriate course materials are sent to the e-mail address on file. These materials are sent as PDF attachments to an e-mail.
• Notification of enrollment by those enrollees residing in the Diocese of Palm Beach will be sent to the School of Christian Formation's diocesan office.
• SCF students are responsible for obtaining the required course text. The Searchlight Virtual School does not provide the course texts.
• Course completion certificates will be issued by the Office of Catechetical Leadership, Youth and Young Adult Ministry Formation, Diocese of Palm Beach. Note: If you are participating in the Searchlight Virtual School by the recommendation of a diocese other than the Diocese of Palm Beach and your diocese is an official diocesan affiliate, your certificates of completion and certification may be issued through your own diocese.
• Copies of your course completion documentation forms should be kept on file for future reference.
• For your own protection, please retain a copy of everything you send to us and which we send to you.
• Please review the requirements for each course. To receive credit for an online course, all requirements must be met within a 3-4 month time frame depending on the course.
For additional information, or if you have further questions regarding these programs or policies, please click here.
The Searchlight Virtual School is a division of Ocean East Publishing.
The Searchlight software programs used on this site are the property of Ocean East Publishing and are for individual use by Searchlight students.
© 2017 Ocean East Publishing
All rights reserved.
Phone: 772-563-9457 • E-mail: Michelle@SearchlightVS.com